Great Sacandaga Lake Boat Launches
The following designations are used to indicate the agency that operates a particular boat launch site. Boaters should expect to pay a day use fee for launches within a DEC Campground during the camping season.
- (D) - DEC
- (P) - Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- (C) - Canal Corporation
The following definitions will assist you in determining if a particular site will accommodate your boat:
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
Note: Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water
Accessible Features: The Great Sacandage Lake - Northville boat launch is accessible and has an accessible privy and fishing pier.
Full listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations.
- Great Sacandaga Lake - Broadalbin : (D) - Fulton County, Broadalbin. Off County Rte 110, 3 miles NE of the Village of Broadalbin. Hard surface ramp. Parking for 70 cars and trailers.
- Great Sacandaga Lake - Edinburg : (D) - Saratoga County. Edinburg-Conklingville Road, 5 miles north of the Hamlet of Edinburg, beside the Saratoga County Park. Hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 44 cars and trailers.
- Great Sacandaga Lake - Northampton Beach : (D) - Fulton County, Campground. Near Route 30, 1 1/2 miles south of Northville. Hard surface ramp. Parking for 100 cars and trailers.
- Great Sacandaga Lake - Northville : (D) - Fulton County, Northville. On Route 30 in the Village of Northville. Accessible hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 60 cars and trailers.