Saranac Lakes Area Boat Launches
The following designations are used to indicate the agency that operates a particular boat launch site. Boaters should expect to pay a day use fee for launches within a DEC Campground during the camping season.
- (D) - DEC
- (P) - Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- (C) - Canal Corporation
The following definitions will assist you in determining if a particular site will accommodate your boat:
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
Note: Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water
Accessible Features: The East Pine Pond, Follensby Clear Pond, Lake Colby, Lake flower, Lower Saranac Lake - Second Pond, Raquette River, Upper Saranac Lake - Indian Carry and Saranac Inn launches have been designed to be accessible to people with disabilities. Each has designated parking and connecting pathways to the ramp or dock. Lake Colby, Lake Flower, Raquette River, Second Pond and Saranac Inn have accessible privies.
Full Listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations
- East Pine Pond : (D) - Franklin County. Off Route 30, 5 miles east of Floodwood Road. Hand launching. Parking for 5 cars.
- Fish Creek Ponds : (D) - Franklin County, Campground. On Route 30, 12 miles east of the Village of Tupper Lake. Hard surface launch ramp. Parking for 15 cars and trailers.
- Follensby Clear Pond : (D) - Franklin County. Route 30, 2 miles south of the Hamlet of Saranac Inn. Beach launching. Parking for 6 cars and trailers.
- Lake Colby : (D) - Franklin County. On Route 86, 2 miles north of the Village of Saranac Lake. Parking for 30 cars. 10 hp motor restriction. Hand launch.
- Lake Flower : (D) - Franklin County. On Route 86 in the Village of Saranac Lake. Hard surface ramp. Parking for 20 cars and trailers.
- Little Clear Pond : (D) - Franklin County. Off Route 30, 3 1/2 miles southwest of the Hamlet of Lake Clear Junction. Beach launch. Parking for 50 cars and trailers. No motors permitted. No fishing.
- Lower Saranac Lake - Ampersand Bay : (D) - Franklin County. Ampersand Bay Road in Village of Saranac Lake. Hand Launch. Parking for 10 cars.
- Lower Saranac Lake - Second Pond : (D) - Franklin County, Second Pond, On Route 3, 3 ½ miles SW of the Village of Saranac Lake. Hard Surface Ramp. Parking for 75 cars and trailers.
- Middle Saranac Lake - South Creek : (D) - Franklin County, South Creek. On Route 3, 10 miles west of the Village of Saranac Lake. Hand launching. Parking for 20 cars.
- Raquette River : (D) - Franklin County. On Routes 3 and 30, 4 miles east of the Village of Tupper Lake. Hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 20 cars and trailers.
- Rollins Pond : (D) - Franklin County, Campground. On Route 30, 12 miles northeast of the Village of Tupper Lake. Hard ramp. Parking for 10 cars and trailers. 25 hp limit.
- Upper Saranac Lake - Indian Carry : (D) - Franklin County, Indian Carry. On Route 3, 8 miles east of the Village of Tupper Lake. Beach launching. Parking for 18 cars.
- Upper Saranac Lake - Saranac Inn : (D) - Franklin County, Saranac Inn. At Saranac Inn 1/2 mile from Route 30. Parking for 50 cars and trailers. Hard ramp.