Washington County Special Fishing Regulations
- This is a list of exceptions to the Statewide Angling Regulations of New York's Freshwater Fishing Regulations.
- Trout waters where ice fishing is permitted are identified here.
- Where regulations appear in the Method column, they pertain to all fishing in the listed water.
- In some cases, you will be referred to the regulations tables for major resource blocks (Great Lakes, Finger Lakes, Lake Champlain, Border Waters, New York City Reservoirs).
|Water||Species||Open Season||Minimum Length||Daily Limit||Method|
|Batten Kill from Vermont state line downstream to covered bridge at Eagleville||Trout||All year||Catch and Release only||Artificial lures only|
|Hoosic River||Trout||April 1-Oct 15||9"||5|
|Lake Champlain and tributaries to first barrier||All species||See Lake Champlain regulations|
|Lake George and tributaries upstream to first barrier impassable by fish||Lake trout, trout, landlocked salmon||See Lake George under Warren County|
|Hudson River from Troy dam upstream to Ft. Edward and tributaries in this section to first barrier impassable by fish, Mohawk River below Route 32 Bridge||All species||For all species, allyear: Catch and Release Fishing Only. All fish shall be returned to the water immediately.
Bait fish listed under "Additional General Rules, Regulations and Information" may be possessed for use as fish bait. Use of tip-ups is permitted.
In addition, the use or possession of baitfish is prohibited in the following waters:
- Town of Dresden-Black Mountain Ponds (2), Bumps Pond, Fishbrook Pond, Greenland Pond, Lapland Pond
- Town of Fort Ann-Inman Pond
- Town of Jackson-Dead Lake
- Town of Whitehall-Sawmill Pond, Spruce Pond.