Lewis County Special Fishing Regulations
- This is a list of exceptions to the General Angling Regulations of New York's Freshwater Fishing Regulations.
- Trout waters where ice fishing is permitted are identified here.
- Where regulations appear in the Method column they pertain to all fishing in the listed water.
- In some cases, you will be referred to the regulations tables for major resource blocks (Great Lakes, Finger Lakes, Lake Champlain, Border Waters, New York City Reservoirs).
|Water||Species||Open Season||Minimum Length||Daily Limit||Method|
|Black River, Deer River, West Branch Deer River, Beaver River||Black bass||3rd Sat. June-Nov 30||10"||5|
|December 1 to Friday preceding the 3rd Saturday in June||Catch and Release only||Artificial lures only|
|Black River, East Branch Fish Creek from Rome Reservoir Dam downstream, Moose River||Trout||April 1-Nov 30||Any size||5 with no more than 2 longer than 12"|
|Lake Bonaparte||Trout||All year||9"||5||Ice Fishing Permitted|
|Lake trout||All year||18"||3|
|Beaver Lake, Francis Lake, Soft Maple Reservoir, and Whetstone Marsh||Statewide Angling Regulations Apply||Ice Fishing Permitted|
In addition, the use or possession of baitfish is prohibited in the following waters: All ponds and streams in the He-De-Ron-Dah Wilderness, also:
- Town of Croghan-Clear Pond, Rock Pond, Seepage Pond, Trout Pond
- Town of Diana-Green Pond, Sealy Pond, Silver Dawn Lake, Little Silver Dawn Lake
- Town of Greig-Pitcher Pond
- Town of Watson-Cleveland Lake, Evies Pond, Long Lake, Payne Lake.