Herkimer County Special Fishing Regulations
- This is a list of exceptions to the General Angling Regulations of New York's Freshwater Fishing Regulations.
- Trout waters where ice fishing is permitted are identified here.
- Where regulations appear in the Method column they pertain to all fishing in the listed water.
|Water||Species||Open Season||Minimum Length||Daily Limit||Method|
|All waters except as listed below||Trout||April 1 - Oct 15||Any size||5 - with no more than 2 longer than 12"|
|All baitfish-prohibited waters (as listed beneath this table) except as listed below
||Statewide angling regulations apply|
|First, Second, Third, and Fourth Lakes of Fulton Chain, Old Forge Pond||Trout||All year||9"||5||Ice fishing permitted|
|Lake trout||All year||21"||3|
|Landlocked salmon||All year||15"||3|
|Limekiln Lake||Trout||All year||Any size||5||Ice fishing permitted|
|Horn Lake, Evergreen Lake, Hidden Lake, Peaked Mountain Lake||Trout||April 1- Oct 15||Any size||3||Artificial lures only|
Moose River, Middle and South Branch of Moose River downstream of Moose River Plains Recreation Area, West Canada Creek from mouth upstream to Comstock Bridge
|Trout||April 1-Nov 30||Any size||5 - with no more than 2 longer than 12"|
|West Canada Creek from Trenton Falls Dam downstream to the first bridge (Comstock Bridge) below the mouth of Cincinnati Creek||Trout||All year||Catch and Release only||Artificial lures only|
|Stillwater Reservoir, Beardsley Lake, Kyser Lake, Hinckley Reservoir, Prospect Reservoir, North Lake||Trout||All year||12"||3||Ice fishing permitted|
|Forestport Reservoir, Kayuta Lake, and Moshier Reservoir||Statewide Angling Regulations Apply||Ice fishing permitted|
In addition, the use or possession of baitfish is prohibited in the following waters:
- All ponds and streams in the Five Ponds Wilderness, He-De-Ron-Dah Wilderness, Pepperbox Wilderness, Pigeon Lake Wilderness and the West Canada Lake Wilderness, also:
- Town of Webb-Bear Lake, Bubb Lake, Brewer Lake, Buck Lake (1/2 mile north of Hog Pond), Buck Pond (one mile west of Thirsty Pond), Clear Pond, Moss Lake, Nicks Lake, Big Otter Lake, Quiver Pond, Razorback Pond, Sis Lake, Tied Lake, Twitchell Lake, West Pond (0.6 mile southwest of Big Moose Lake), Wheeler Pond, Woods Lake.