Rogers Rock Campground
- Dates of Operation: See campground schedule
- Camping Fee: $22 per night (out of state residents surcharge additional $5 per night)
- Address: 9894 Lake Shore Drive, Hague, NY 12836 (directions below)
- GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude): 43 47 39.57756N, 073 29 08.00341W
- Campground Phone: (518) 585-6746
- Regional Office Phone: (518) 623-1200
- Make Your Camping Reservation: ReserveAmerica
Campground Map PDF File (635 KB)
Visitors to the Lake George Area should be aware of actions they can take to reduce the transport of aquatic invasives. Please visit Protect Lake George website (live link on right) and DEC Fisheries for more information.
Located on the northern end of Lake George, Rogers Rock is a very popular family campground. Campers enjoy swimming, bicycling, fishing, boating, and hiking (on state marked trails only) at this recreation facility. There are two (2) group camping areas which are very popular for family and friends. It is located just 6 miles south of Ticonderoga which has many historical sites of interest and educational opportunities.
332 campsites - including Waltonian; 2 group camping areas; picnic area with tables, fireplaces, and picnic pavilion rentals; flush toilets; hot showers; trailer dump station; boat launch; mooring buoys; recycling center; boat pumpout station; sand beach; bathhouse; guarded swimming area; firewood sales; pay telephones.
The campground has two areas for group camping known as Association Area and Ballfield. Each allows 35 minimum and 60 maximum for camping. Group camping reservations are only accepted on a prepaid first-come, first-serve basis through mail at the Warrensburg Office. Areas have a maximum stay of 14 days.
Rogers Rock Campground has accessible day use facilities, 13 camp sites, picnic pads, grills, picnic tables, camping pads, showers, and rest rooms. Full listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations.
All types of watercraft allowed on lake. Boat launch and mooring buoys available.
Fish in area include: northern pike, salmon, largemouth bass, yellow perch, bullheads, lake trout, brown trout, and smallmouth bass.
Less than 3.5 miles to the west of the campground the Berrymill Pond trailhead gives hikers access to the 46,000+ acre Pharaoh Lake Wilderness and it's extensive trail system.
Designated swimming areas are available at some DEC facilities. Based on staffing, some of these facilities may have limited swimming hours/days. For the safety of our customers, swimming will only be permitted when a lifeguard is on duty. Beach hours will be posted at facilities with swimming. To inquire, please contact the campground directly.
From the Northway (I-87), Exit 25, Route 8 east of Hague, turn left (north) on to Route 9N, campground is 3 miles on right.
From the Northway (I-87), Exit 24, County Route 11 to Route 9N, turn left (north) on Rte. 9N to Village of Hague. Campground is on the right 3 miles north of Hague.
From Lake George Village: Take Route 9N north to Hague, continue 3 miles, campground is on right.
Get driving directions from Google Maps (leaves DEC website)
Planning and Management
The Final Unit Management Plan (UMP) for the campground guides the DEC's land management activities at this facility for a five-year period, although a number of goals and objectives in the plan focus on a much longer time period. The UMP addresses specific objectives and actions for public use at this facility.
For more information regarding the UMP for this facility please contact the Bureau of Recreation, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY12233, Telephone 518 457-2500, and email for campground information
Rules, Regulations and Outdoor Safety
Clean your boat and equipment - help prevent the spread of aquatic invasives
Don't move firewood - help prevent of spread of invasive insects
The nearby villages of Hague and Ticonderoga offers a good variety of restaurants, gift and antique stores, shopping mall, and golf.
The land on which the campground is situated was purchased in 1936. The construction was started by the Federal Civilian Conservation Corps, and completed by the state. The campground was opened in 1947.
The campground derives its name from an English Colonial fighter during the French and Indian War named Robert Rogers. Legend says that Major Rogers fled from his Indian pursuers to the top of what was called Mt. Pelee, above Trout Brook, where a cliff slopes abruptly into the waters of Lake George hundreds of feet below. One story is that he slid down the precipice to safety, a truly super-human feat. Another is that he back tracked on reversed snow shoes so that his pursuers thought he made the fatal leap, and descending a nearby path, picked up his pack. The superstitious Indians, who saw him mushing his way down the lake thought he must be a god, and feared to follow him. The hill is now known as Rogers Rock, and its steep face, Rogers Slide.
Junior Naturalist Program
Our campgrounds become an outdoor classroom for young children (5-13) and their families. Enjoy games and activities to earn a beautiful embroidered patch.