Contour Maps for Selected Lakes in Suffolk County
The New York State Lake Contour Map Series provides information on depth contours, water surface area, mean depth and available fish species for selected state waters. Maps are to be used as a fishing aid only and are not intended for navigation. Public access may not be available to all waters. For additional information on available public access, or other specific details concerning these waters, contact the DEC Regional Fisheries Office covering the county the water is located in.
Note: the following symbols appear on some of the maps and indicate the type of boating access available:
Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location.
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location.
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another.
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water.
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water.
Alphabetical Listing of Waters
- Water (Town)
- Artist Lake (Brookhaven) (248 KB PDF file)
- Belmont Lake (Babylon) (176 KB PDF file)
- Big Reed Pond (East Hampton) (197 KB PDF file)
- Blydenburgh Lake (Smithtown) (215 KB PDF file)
- Canaan Lake (Brookhaven) (184 KB PDF file)
- Deep Pond (Riverhead) (225 KB PDF file)
- Fort Pond (East Hampton) (213 KB PDF file)
- Fresh Pond (East Hampton) (235 KB PDF file)
- Fresh Pond (Shelter Island) (252 KB PDF file)
- Knapps Lake (Islip) (167 KB PDF file)
- Lake Ronkonkoma (Islip) (273 KB PDF file)
- Laurel Lake (Southold) (188 KB PDF file)
- Lower Lake (Brookhaven) (164 KB PDF file)
- Marratooka Lake (Southold) (258 KB PDF file)
- Patchogue Lake (Brookhaven) (228 KB PDF file)
- Wildwood Lake (Southampton) (200 KB PDF file)