Contour Maps for Selected Lakes in Rensselaer County
The New York State Lake Contour Map Series provides information on depth contours, water surface area, mean depth and available fish species for selected state waters. Maps are to be used as a fishing aid only and are not intended for navigation. Public access may not be available to all waters. For additional information on available public access, or other specific details concerning these waters, contact the DEC Regional Fisheries Office covering the county the water is located in.
Note: the following symbols appear on some of the maps and indicate the type of boating access available:
Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location.
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location.
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another.
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water.
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water.
Alphabetical Listing of Waters
- Water (Town)
- Black River Pond (Berlin) (102 KB PDF file)
- Bradley Lake (Troy) (207 KB PDF file)
- Burden Lake (Sand Lake, Nassau) (186 KB PDF file)
- Crooked Lake (Sand Lake) (201 KB PDF file)
- Crystal Lake (Sand Lake) (203 KB PDF file)
- Dunham Reservoir (Grafton) (193 KB PDF file)
- Dyken Pond (Grafton, Berlin) (191 KB PDF file)
- Glass Lake (Sand Lake) (196 KB PDF file)
- Hampton Manor Lake (East Greenbush) (173 KB PDF file)
- Long Pond (Grafton) (216 KB PDF file)
- Mill Pond (Grafton) (174 KB PDF file)
- Schaghticoke Reservoir (Schaghticoke) (215 KB PDF file)
- Second Pond (Grafton) (187 KB PDF file)
- Shaver Pond (Grafton) (217 KB PDF file)
- Snyders Lake (East Greenbush) (194 KB PDF file)
- Tackawasick (Tsatsawassa) Lake (Nassau) (191 KB PDF file)
- Tomhannock Reservoir (Pittstown) (202 KB PDF file)
- Valley Falls Reservoir (Schagticoke) (188 KB PDF file)
- Wright Lake (Troy) (160 KB PDF file)