Contour Maps for selected lakes in Lewis County
The New York State Lake Contour Map Series provides information on depth contours, water surface area, mean depth and available fish species for selected state waters. Maps are to be used as a fishing aid only and are not intended for navigation. Public access may not be available to all waters. For additional information on available public access, or other specific details concerning these waters, contact the DEC Regional Fisheries Office covering the county the water is located in.
Note: the following symbols appear on some of the maps and indicate the type of boating access available:
Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location.
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location.
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another.
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water.
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water.
Alphabetical Listing of Waters
Beaver Lake (Watson) (199 KB pdf file)
Brantingham Lake (Greig) (252 KB pdf file)
Bullhead Pond (Diana) (161 KB pdf file)
Effley Falls Pond (Croghan) (198 KB pdf file)
Francis Lake (Watson) (192 KB pdf file)
High Falls Pond (Croghan) (202 KB pdf file)
Indian River Lake (Diana) (227 KB pdf file)
Lake Bonaparte (Diana) (225 KB pdf file)
Long Pond (Croghan) (237 KB pdf file)
Mud Pond (Croghan) (177 KB pdf file)
Soft Maple Reservoir (Watson) (279 KB pdf file)
Stony Lake (Watson) (178 KB pdf file)