Contour Maps for selected lakes in Essex County
The New York State Lake Contour Map Series provides information on depth contours, water surface area, mean depth and available fish species for selected state waters. Maps are to be used as a fishing aid only and are not intended for navigation. Public access may not be available to all waters. For additional information on available public access, or other specific details concerning these waters, contact the DEC Regional Fisheries Office covering the county the water is located in.
Note: the following symbols appear on some of the maps and indicate the type of boating access available:
Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location.
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location.
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another.
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water.
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water.
Alphabetical Listing of Waters
Augur Lake (Chesterfield) (PDF) (171 kB)
Berrymill Pond (Ticonderoga) (PDF) (170 kB)
Connery Pond (North Elba) (PDF) (201 kB)
Eagle Lake (Ticonderoga) (PDF) (204 kB)
Lake Placid (Lake Placid) (PDF) (252 kB)
Lower Cascade Lake (Keene) (PDF) (176 kB)
Mirror Lake (Lake Placid) (PDF)(181 kB)
Moose Pond (Newcomb) (PDF) (204 kB)
Moose Pond (Saint Armand) (PDF) (262 kB)
Newcomb Lake (Newcomb) (PDF) (214 kB)
North Pond (Westport) (PDF) (187 kB)
Paradox Lake (Schroon) (PDF) (195 kB)
Pharaoh Lake (Schroon) (PDF) (280 kB)
Putnam Pond (Ticonderoga) (PDF) (215 kB)
Rich Lake (Newcomb) (PDF) (205 kB)
Spectacle Pond (Schroon) (PDF)(167 kB)