Boat Launch Sites for Franklin County
Note: Use the following definitions to help you determine if a particular site will accommodate your boat.
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
- Car top launch--For canoe/kayak launching. Limited parking available.
Accessible Features: The sites listed in the chart below specified as "accessible" have been designed to be wheelchair accessible. Each has designated parking and connecting pathways to the ramp or dock. Some have accessible privies.
Full Listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations
|Water||Town||Location||Type||Parking||Invasive Species Present*||Comments||Agency|
|Buck Pond||Campground. Off Route 30, twelve miles east of Hamlet of Paul Smiths||Hard surface ramp||20 cars and trailers||DEC|
|East Pine Pond||Off Route 30, 5 miles east of Floodwood Road||Hand launch||5 cars||Accessible||DEC|
|Fish Creek Pond||Campground. On Route 30, 12 miles east of Village of Tupper Lake||Hard surface ramp||15 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil
|Follensby Clear Pond||On Rte 30, 2 miles south of Hamlet of Saranac Inn||Beach launch||10 cars||Eurasian Watermilfoil
|Lake Colby||On Route 86, 2 miles north of village of Saranac Lake||Hand launch||30 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil
||10 hp motor restriction
|Lake Flower||Saranac Lake||On Route 86 in Village of Saranac Lake||Hard surface ramp||21 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Variable Leaf Milfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed
|Little Clear Pond||Off Route 30, 3 1/2 miles southwest of Hamlet of Lake Clear Junction||Hard surface ramp||16 cars and trailers||No motors/ no fishing||DEC|
|Little Green Pond||Off Route 30, 3 1/2 miles southwest of Hamlet of Lake Clear Junction||Hand launch||20 cars||No motors/no fishing||DEC|
|Meacham Lake||Campground. On Route 30, 19 miles north of Hamlet of Lake Clear Junction||Beach launch||25 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil
|Raquette River||On Routes 3 & 30, 4 miles east of Village of Tupper Lake||Hard surface ramp and hand launch||20 cars and trailers||Accessible||DEC|
|Rollins Pond||Campground. On Route 30, 12 miles northeast of Village of Tupper Lake||Hard surface ramp||10 cars and trailers||25 hp limit||DEC|
|Santa Clara Flow||Santa Clara||Off Route 458 in Hamlet of Santa Clara||Hard surface ramp||10 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Saranac Lake (Lower)||Ampersand Bay||On Route 3 to Edgewood Lane (.5 miles West of Village of Saranac Lake), go .25 miles North on Edgewood Lane to Ampersand Ave, go west .2 miles to Launch||Hand launch||12 cars||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed
|Saranac Lake (Lower)||Second Pond||On Route 3, 3 ½ miles southwest of Village of Saranac Lake||Hard surface ramp||75 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed
|Saranac Lake (Middle)||South Creek||On Route 3, 10 miles west of Village of Saranac Lake||Hand launch||20 cars||Eurasian Watermilfoil
|Saranac Lake (Upper)||On Route 3, 8 miles east of Village of Tupper Lake||Hand launch||18 cars||Eurasian Watermilfoil
|Saranac Lake (Upper)||Saranac Inn||At Saranac Inn, 1/2 mile from Route 30||Hard surface ramp||50 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil
|Tupper Lake||Moody||On Route 30 in the Hamlet of Moody, 2 miles south of Village of Tupper Lake||Hard surface ramp||35 cars and trailers||Variable Leaf Milfoil
|Black Pond||On Keese Mill Road. 2.5 miles west from the intersection of NYS Route 30 and Keese Mill Road||Hand launch||5 cars||Accessible||DEC|
|Whey Pond||Located in Rollins Pond Campground||Hand launch||16 cars||Accessible||DEC|
*Confirmed invasive species present. Other invasive species may also be present.
More about Boat Launch Sites for Franklin County:
- Tupper Lake Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Tupper Lakes area of the Adirondack Region
- Saranac Lakes Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Saranac Chain of Lakes area of the Adirondack Region
- Meacham Lake Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Meacham Lake area of the Adirondack Region
- Franklin Falls Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Taylor Pond and Franklin Falls Flow area of the Adirondack Region