Boat Launch Sites for Hamilton County
Note: Use the following definitions to help you determine if a particular site will accommodate your boat.
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
- Car top launch--For canoe/kayak launching. Limited parking available.
Attention Boaters and Anglers
Spiny water flea, an invasive zooplankton species, has been confirmed in Indian Lake. Please help us prevent further spread of this species in the Adirondacks by:
- Completely drying fishing equipment and all water-holding compartments of your boat.
- Decontaminating fishing equipment and all water-holding compartments with hot water (at least 140 degrees F)
If drying or decontaminating are not possible, thoroughly flush your boat and equipment with water free of water fleas in an area that will not drain into the waterbody you will be boating on.
Accessible Features: The sites listed in the chart below specified as "accessible" have been designed to be wheelchair accessible. Each has designated parking and connecting pathways to the ramp or dock. Some have accessible privies.
Full Listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations
|Water||Town||Location||Type||Parking||Invasive Species Present*||Comments||Agency|
|Brown Tract Pond||Lower Brown Tract Pond Campground||Off Route 28, on Brown Tract Pond Road, seven miles east of Hamlet of Eagle Bay.||Hand launch||10 cars||No motors permitted||DEC|
|Eighth Lake||Campground. Route 28, 5 miles west of Raquette Lake.||Hard surface ramp||10 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Forked Lake||Campground. Off Route 30, 3 miles west Hamlet of Deerland.||Beach launch||40 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Fourth Lake||Inlet||On Route 28, 10 miles east of Old Forge||Hard surface ramp||25 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Variable Leaf Milfoil||Accessible||DEC|
|Indian Lake||Indian Lake Islands Campgrounds||Access from Route 30, 14 miles north of Village of Speculator.||Hard surface ramp||50 cars and trailers||
Eurasian Watermilfoil, Spiny Water Flea
|Lake Durant||Campground||Campground. On Route 28, 3 miles east of Hamlet of Blue Mountain Lake.||Hard surface ramp||10 cars and trailers||Variable Leaf Milfoil
|Lake Eaton||Campground. On Route 30, 2 miles west of Long Lake village.||Beach launch||12 cars and trailers||European Frogbit||DEC|
|Lewey Lake||Campground. Off Route 30, 14 miles north of Village of Speculator.||Beach launch||15 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Limekiln Lake||Campground. Off Route 28, 3 miles southeast of Hamlet of Inlet.||Hard surface ramp||15 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Long Lake||Off Route 30 on the east shore of Long Lake.||Hard surface ramp||60 cars and trailers||Variable Leaf Watermilfoil||Accessible||DEC|
|Piseco Lake||Little Sand Point Campground||Access via Route 8, 3 miles west of Piseco.||Hard surface ramp||6 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Piseco Lake||Point Comfort Campground||Access via Route 8, 4 miles west of Piseco.||Hard surface ramp||6 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Piseco Lake||Poplar Point Campground||Access via Route 8, 2 miles west of Piseco.||Hard surface ramp||15 cars and trailers||DEC|
|Raquette Lake||Golden Beach Campground||On Route 28, 3 miles north of Hamlet of Raquette Lake.||Beach launch||50 cars and trailers||Variable Leaf Milfoil
|Sacandaga Lake||Moffit Beach Campground||Near Route 8, 4 miles west of Village of Speculator.||Hard surface ramp||30 cars and trailers||Spiny Water Flea
||Spiny Water Flea Alert - see Common Aquatic Invasive Species of NY page||DEC|
|Seventh Lake||Fulton chain||On Route 28, 3 miles east of Hamlet of Inlet.||Hard surface ramp||20 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Variable Leaf Milfoil
*Confirmed invasive species present. Other invasive species may also be present.
More about Boat Launch Sites for Hamilton County:
- Speculator/ Piseco Lake Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Piseco Lake and Speculator area of the Adirondack Region
- Indian Lake Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Indian and Lewey Lakes area of the Adirondack Region
- Long Lake Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Long and Blue Mountain Lakes area of the Adirondack Region
- Fulton Chain of Lakes Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Fulton Chain of Lakes area of the Adirondack Region