Boat Launch Sites for Warren County
Note: Use the following definitions to help you determine if a particular site will accommodate your boat.
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
- Car top launch--For canoe/kayak launching. Limited parking available.
Attention Lake George Anglers: Regulations require the registration of all watercraft via day use or seasonal permit. All trailered boats must also be certified free of aquatic invasive species. Contact the Lake George Park Commission at (518)668-934 or visit www.lgpc.state.ny.us.
Accessible Features: The sites listed in the chart below specified as "accessible" have been designed to be wheelchair accessible. Each has designated parking and connecting pathways to the ramp or dock. Some have accessible privies.
Full Listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations
|Water||Town||Location||Type||Parking||Invasive Species Present*||Comments||Agency|
|Brant Lake||On Route 8, 1 mile northeast of Hamlet of Brant Lake.||Hard surface ramp||11 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed
|Fourth Lake||Luzerne||Campground. On Route 9N, 8 miles southwest of Lake George||Hand launch||3 cars||No motors||DEC|
|Hudson River||On East River Drive 2 1/2 miles south of Village of Luzerne.||Hard surface ramp||30 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Water Chestnut, Zebra Mussel
|Lake George||Million Dollar Beach||On Beach Road in Village of Lake George (underpass clear 7 ft maximum)||Hard surface ramp||200 cars and trailers||Brittle Naiad, Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed, Zebra Mussel, Spiny Waterflea, Asian Clam
||Closed week before Memorial Day until the week after Labor Day. Spiny Water Flea Alert - see above.||DEC|
|Lake George||Northwest Bay Brook||On Route 9N, 4 miles north of Village of Bolton Landing.||Hand launch||15 cars||Brittle Naiad, Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed, Zebra Mussel, Spiny Waterflea, Asian Clam
||See announcment above.||DEC|
|Lake George||Rogers Rock Campground||On Route 9N, 3 miles north of Hamlet of Hague.||Concrete ramp||24 cars and trailers||Brittle Naiad, Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed, Zebra Mussel, Spiny Waterflea, Asian Clam
||Accessible. See announcement above.||DEC|
|Schroon Lake||Eagle Point Campground||On Route 9, 2 miles north of Hamlet of Pottersville.||Hand launch||4 cars||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed
|Schroon Lake||Horicon||Off Route 9 just north of Pottersville on County Road 62.||Hard surface ramp||49 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed
*Confirmed invasive species present. Other invasive species may also be present.
More about Boat Launch Sites for Warren County:
- Southern Lake George Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Southern Lake George area of the Adirondack Region
- Schroon Lake/ Northern Lake George Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the northern Lake George and Schroon Lake area of the Adirondack Region