Boat Launch Sites for Washington County
Note: Use the following definitions to help you determine if a particular site will accommodate your boat.
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
- Car top launch--For canoe/kayak launching. Limited parking available.
Accessible Features: The sites listed in the chart below specified as "accessible" have been designed to be wheelchair accessible. Each has designated parking and connecting pathways to the ramp or dock. Some have accessible privies.
Full Listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations
|Water||Town||Location||Type||Parking||Invasive Species Present*||Comments||Agency|
|Carters Pond||On Route 338, 2 miles south of Hamlet of Cossayuna.||Hand launch||10 cars||Electric motors only||DEC|
|Cossayuna Lake||Off Route 40 at the Hamlet of South Argyle, east on County Route 49 to East Shore Road.||Hard surface ramp||30 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed
|Lake Champlain||South Bay||On Route 22, 2 1/2 miles northwest of Village of Whitehall.||Hard surface ramp||48 cars and trailers||Eurasian Watermilfoil, Variable Leaf Milfoil, Curly-leaf Pondweed, Water Chestnut, European Frogbit, Zebra Mussel
*Confirmed invasive species present. Other invasive species may also be present.
More about Boat Launch Sites for Washington County:
- Cossayuna Lake Area Boat Launches - Boat launch information for the Cossayuna Lake area of the Adirondack Region