Schenectady County Water Reports
Citizens Statewide Lake Assessment Program (CSLAP) Reports
CSLAP reports are created from data collected by sampling volunteers from member lake associations. The data collected from May through October is primarily related to lake eutrophication. Lake reports are not available for all CSLAP lakes. Reports will be added annually. Reports from 1997 through 2010, and previous reports after 2010, can be found on the New York State Federation of Lake Associations (NYSFOLA) website. For historical reports (before 1997) please contact the Division of Water.
- Duane Lake, 2015 Report (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Mariaville Lake, 2015 Report (PDF, 1.7 MB)
Citizens Statewide Lake Assessment Program (CSLAP) Scorecards
Information from CSLAP reports and other sources is combined to create a scorecard to provide a quick and simple summary of sampling results. Scorecards are not available for all CSLAP lakes. Scorecards will be added annually. Scorecards first developed for CSLAP since 2010 are found on the New York State Federation of Lake Associations (NYSFOLA) website. For CSLAP lakes sampled since 2011, the most recent scorecards can be found below.
- Duane Lake, 2015 Scorecard (PDF, 265 KB)
- Mariaville Lake, 2015 Scorecard (PDF, 164 KB)
Lake Classification and Inventory (LCI) Reports
LCI Reports summarize water quality sampling results since 2009 from the DEC Division of Water lake monitoring program. Samples are collected during single late summer site visits or monthly lake sampling from June through September. Reports are written for only a subset of these lakes, generally those lakes and ponds for which access was secured or public use is significant.
- Collins Lake, 2011 Report (PDF, 496 KB)
Stream Biomonitoring Unit Rapid Assessment Survey (RAS) Reports
Rapid Biological Assessment Surveys (RAS) are conducted to assess water quality in streams and rivers, or reaches within these waterbodies.
- Alplaus Kill Report, 2005 (PDF) (5.43 MB)
- Background, Results & Conclusions, Discussion, Tables & Figures (PDF) (3.45 MB)
- Species Lists & Site Summaries (PDF) (1.26 MB)
- Appendices (PDF) (696 KB)
- Indian Kill Report, 2000 (PDF) (4.41 MB)
- Normans Kill Report, 2009 (PDF) (1.10 MB)