Steuben County Water Reports
Citizens Statewide Lake Assessment Program (CSLAP) Reports
CSLAP reports are created from data collected by sampling volunteers from member lake associations. The data collected from May through October is primarily related to lake eutrophication. Lake reports are not available for all CSLAP lakes. Reports will be added annually. Reports from 1997 through 2010 can be found on the New York State Federation of Lake Associations (NYSFOLA) website. For historical reports (before 1997) please contact the Division of Water.
- Lake Demons Report, 2001*
- Lake Salubria Report, 2008*
- Loon Lake Report, 2011 (PDF) (837 KB)
- Smith Pond Report, 2011 (PDF) (428 KB)
Citizens Statewide Lake Assessment Program (CSLAP) Scorecards
Information from CSLAP reports and other sources is combined to create a scorecard to provide a quick and simple summary of sampling results. Scorecards are not available for all CSLAP lakes. Scorecards will be added annually. Scorecards first developed for CSLAP in 2010 are found on the New York State Federation of Lake Associations (NYSFOLA) website. For CSLAP lakes sampled since 2011, scorecards can be found below.
- Loon Lake Scorecard, 2011 (PDF) (154 KB)
- Smith Pond Scorecard, 2011 (PDF) (156 KB)
Stream Biomonitoring Unit Rapid Assessment Survey (RAS) Reports
Rapid Biological Assessment Surveys (RAS) are conducted to assess water quality in streams and rivers, or reaches within these waterbodies.
- Canacadea Creek Report, 1998 (PDF) (3.12 MB)
- Cohocton River Report, 2004 (PDF) (7.56 MB)
- Background, Results & Conclusions, Discussion (PDF) (5.00 MB)
- Species Lists & Summaries (PDF) (1.54 MB)
- Appendices (PDF) (409 KB)