U.S. Forest Service Competitive Allocation Request for Proposals (CARP)
Note: The link to the Forest Service website, which includes instructions, guidance and forms necessary to submit a proposal, is in the right column of this page.
This request for proposals is intended to provide federal funding for projects that address significant issues or landscapes as identified in the state's Forest Action Plan. The FY2013 CARP is divided into two main categories: State & Private Forestry (S&PF) Competitive Allocation ("Redesign Grants") and the Forest Fire Hazard Mitigation. Redesign Grant proposals must be related to the issues and strategies identified in the Action Plan, whereas Forest Fire Hazard Mitigation proposals are to focus on hazardous wildland fuel treatments, community/homeowner education. The deadline for submitting proposals to the State Forester is Friday, September 28, 2012, in order for the State Forester to review and submit proposals to the Forest Service by October 15, 2012. Proposals submitted after the September 28 deadline will not be guaranteed review or submittal by the State Forester.
During proposal development, the Forest Service encourages applicants to consult with Northeast Area (NA) S&PF Field Office Representatives and Field Office staff as well as Cooperative Fire Staff in Newtown Square. In addition, NA S&PF will host a webinar(s) to explain the RFP process and provide technical assistance related to proposal development. If there are questions regarding the FY2013 Competitive Allocation RFP, please contact the appropriate NA S&PF Field Office Representative:
- Barb Tormoehlen - Field Office Rep., St. Paul, MN: (651) 649-5276 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Lueckel - Field Office Rep., Morgantown, WV: (304) 285-1540 or email@example.com
- Terry Miller - Field Office Rep., Durham, NH: (603) 868-7694 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nonprofit organizations, universities, and other partners must submit proposals through the New York State Forester. Any organization interested in developing a CARP grant application must contact DEC Division of Lands and Forests in the appropriate programs listed below:
- Urban & Community Forestry - Mary Kramarchyk (518) 402-9425
- Private Forest Stewardship - Sloane Crawford (518) 402-9425
- Forest Health - Jerry Carlson (518) 402-9425
- Fire - Andy Jacob (518) 402-8832