RiverNet: Hudson River Estuary Newsletter
Hudson River Estuary and Watershed News
RiverNet is an online newsletter produced by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Hudson River Estuary Program that focuses on the program's core mission to:
- Ensure Clean Water
- Protect and Restore Fish, Wildlife, and their Habitat
- Provide Water Recreation and River Access
- Adapt to Climate Change
- Conserve our World-Famous Scenery
The 2011 launch of RiverNet occurred as we celebrated the 15th Anniversary of the release of the first Hudson River Estuary Action Agenda which created a framework for communities, citizens and businesses to collaborate in support of common goals. The program was created in 1987 and extends from the Troy dam to upper New York Harbor. RiverNet will substantially increase our ability to communicate effectively with Action Agenda partners and will help our readers stay abreast of important river news.
RiverNet Provides Information on:
- Volunteer and Grant Opportunities
- Events, activities and news (including press releases) related to the Hudson River, the Estuary Program and Action Agenda partnerships
- Educational training and community planning assistance opportunities
- Research results and updates related to restoration projects, natural resource conservation and protection
- Links related to the Hudson River Estuary Program that provide more in-depth information
How to Subscribe to RiverNet:
DEC now uses the GovDelivery service for all its email listservs. Use this link to subscribe to GovDelivery by entering your e-mail address. Fill in and submit the requested information on the "New Subscriber" page.
This will take you to the "Quick Subscription" page where you will see all the topics that you can receive email updates on from DEC. Scroll to the "Lakes and Rivers" category and check the box next to "Hudson River and Estuary and RiverNet e-newsletter." You will receive a welcome email from DEC confirming your subscription(s).
If there is any issue with subscribing to this e-mail list feel free to contact us (contact information provided in the right hand column).
Remember, there is always an option to unsubscribe (sent in every e-mail), so please subscribe and give it a try!
Other Related E-mail Lists:
If you recently subscribed and would like to view a previous newsletter, or you are just curious about RiverNet before subscribing, then see our RiverNet Archive.