Masseo Landscape, Inc. Permeable Pavers
This commercial driveway was constructed from permeable pavers to allow for stormwater infiltration. The pavers have a filtering chamber, and overflow is piped into an old hand-dug well on the site. In addition, 60% of roof runoff is piped underground to a separate filtering chamber, which also overflows into the well. The hope is to reuse the stored water in the future for irrigation and truck washing.
- Site name: Masseo Landscape, Inc.
- Address: 826 Route 32, Tillson, NY 12486
- County: Ulster
- Watershed: Wallkill River
- Land use of site: Commercial
- Can this site be visited? Yes
- Location on site: Driveway in southwest corner
- Intent of design: Capture and possible reuse of stormwater
- Size of structure/capacity: 700 square ft of permeable pavers
- Size of drainage area: 1,200 square ft roof line for rooftop runoff disconnection
- Plants or materials used: River birches, ornamental grasses, pieris, dogwood; permeable pavers
- Maintenance: Annual pruning, mulching, weeding
- Maintained by: Owner
- More than one practice at this site? Yes, Disconnection of Rooftop Runoff
- Design: Mark Masseo, Masseo Landscape, Inc.
- Installation: Masseo Landscape, Inc.
- Date of installation: Summer 2010
- Zoning change or special permit required: No
- Project cost: $15,000
- Form of payment: Check, property and company have same owner
For Additional Site Information:
Contact: Mark Masseo, Masseo Landscape, Inc.
Phone: (845) 658-9148