Skip to main navigation
Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 604(b) Contract Development and Execution Timeline
This chart was prepared for the grant recipient and should be used as a guide to help with the contracting process. The timeline begins once you, the grant recipient, receive a letter from DEC awarding your organization 604(b) funds.
|April 26 - May 9, 2011
||Awardee confirms or declines their 604(b) award.
Susan Van Patten
Albany, NY 12200-3507
|April 26 - June 13, 2011
||Awardee Project Manager completes and submits work plan to NYSDEC.
- Awardee uses the work plan template posted on DEC's website. Awardee works with designated NYSDEC contact (DEC project manager) to develop the workplan.
- Awardee emails work plan to the Regional NYSDEC contact for technical review and to the Central Office for administrative review: email@example.com .
Awardee Project Manager prepares other contract supporting documents.
- Awardee prepares a Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise/Equal Employment Opportunity Work Plan. Use the M/WBE Program instructions and template found on DEC's website. Send to the DEC M/WBE Program Supervisor listed in the instructions.
- Awardee organization's Governing Board must pass a Resolution endorsing the project being funded. A resolution should be sent to:
Albany, NY 12233-3507
|Within 30 days from submittal of work plan
||DEC completes review of work plan.
- Regional Office staff complete technical and Central Office staff complete administrative reviews.
- The length of this review period is determined by the necessity for any revisions and subsequent review and approval of them.
|Within 30 days from approval of work plan
||DEC prepares contract.
- DEC sends a proposed contract to the awardee.
|Within 30 days from grant recipient's receipt of proposed contract
||Awardee Project Manager signs and returns contract.
- Awardee receives contract from NYSDEC.
- Awardee's authorized representative signs contract.
- Awardee returns the signed contract to:
Albany, NY 12233-3507
- Awardee must include a Resolution form found on NYSDEC website, if one was not previously submitted or if a previously submitted document had to be updated.
|Within 120 days of receipt of the grant recipient's signed contract
||Contract is executed.
- DEC routes the contract through the DEC for approval.
- DEC forwards the contract to the State Attorney General's and Comptroller's offices for execution.
- Awardee receives a copy of the executed contract when the Comptroller's office approves the contract.
- Funding reimbursement can begin.