Please see archived Leaflets issues in the left column of this page.
Leaflets is an online newsletter produced about periodically by the Division of Lands and Forests that provides subscribers with updates on programs, activities and recreation opportunities associated with Division responsibilities. Some examples of topics covered in this newsletter include:
- Regulation changes and updates on State Forests and Forest Preserve lands
- Recreation updates on State Forests, Forest Preserve Lands and DEC owned conservation easements
- The State Tree Nursery - Seedling sales and free school seedling program
- Forest health updates
- Funding opportunities and grant announcements
- Educational programs and workshops for forest landowners, local governments and urban residents
- Sustainable forestry
- Smart growth
- Open space conservation
- Carbon sequestration and climate change
- Forest tax law
- Green infrastructure
How to Subscribe to Leaflets
You can now subscribe to Leaflets and to updates on other DEC topics using GovDelivery. Subscribe to GovDelivery and provide your email address. On the "Quick Subscription page" you will find Leaflets and other forest-related topics under the "Natural Areas and Wildlife" category. You will receive a confirmation e-mail after you have subscribed. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, check your spam or bulk mail in-box. If there are any issues with subscribing to this e-mail list feel free to contact us (contact information provided in the right hand column). Remember, there is always an option to unsubscribe (sent in every e-mail), so please subscribe and give it a try!