Timber Sales on State Forests in Region 6
The following table lists all current sales of standing timber offered on State Forest properties in Region 6. Data for each sale includes the bid opening date, a link to the Notice of Sale, the minimum bid that will be accepted, and the bid results for that sale.
|Contract # /
Bid Opening Date
|Timber||Notice of Sale||Minimum
March 23, 2017
|Jefferson 3 (PDF, 520 KB)||$24,129.30||Albany||1) G&C Martin Logging, Inc. - $47,700
2) Pala Wood Services, Co., Inc. - $42,140
3) Edick's Sawmill & Logging - $35,000
4) Darwin Keefer - $35,000
5) Daniel Lyndaker & Sons Logging - $33,920
6) Prentiss & Carlisle Management Co. - $31,250
7) Gary T. Beller
March 9, 2017
|sftwd||Lewis 9 (PDF, 365 KB)||$6,824.50||Albany||1) G & C Martin Logging - $9,999.99
2) Paul Sullivan Logging - $9,900.99
3) Edick's Sawmill & Logging - $7,000
March 2, 2017
|sftwd||St. Lawrence 2 (PDF, 344 KB)||$16,541||Albany||1) M. J. Lyndaker Logging - $21,000
2) 3B Timber Co. - $20,000
3) Prentiss & Carlisle Management Co. - $18,100
4) Seaway Timber Harvesting, Inc. - $17,228
5) Smith Timber Harvesting - $16,550
March 2, 2017
|sftwd||Lewis 24 (PDF, 348 KB)||$10,246.40||Albany||1) G & C Martin Logging Inc. - $22,300
2) Patrick Croneiser Logging & Trucking - $21,447
3) M. J. Lyndaker Logging, LLC - $18,560
4) Darwin Keefer - $16,500
5) Edicks Sawmill & Logging - $15,000
6) Daniel Lyndaker & Sons Logging - $14,980
7) Prentiss & Carlisle Management Co. - $11,200
Feb. 9, 2017
|sftwd||St. Lawrence 2 (PDF, 345 KB)||$16,541||Albany||NO BIDS RECEIVED|
|hrdwd||Jefferson 5 (PDF, 615 KB)||$34,043.50||Albany||1) Prentiss & Carlisle Management Co., Inc. - $71,250
2) G&C Martin Logging, Inc. - $54,705
3) Johnson Brothers Lumber Company, Inc. - $44,445
4) Baillie Lumber Co., LP - $42,981
5) Lakewood Products, Inc. - $37,780
Dec. 21, 2016
|sftwd||Lewis 19 (PDF, 330 KB)||$5,965||Lowville||1) Levi Lumber Co.- $16,100.00
2) Beller Logging & Excavating - $7,150.00
3) Alvin Noftsier - $6,200.00
4) Darwin Keefer Logging - $6,000.00
Dec. 15, 2016
|sftwd||Lewis 26 (PDF, 450 KB)||$9,761||Albany||1) M. J. Lyndaker Logging, LLC - $19,900
2) G & C Martin Logging, Inc. - $14,700
*Office addresses are listed on the right side of this page.
Logger Training Requirements - Any person who will perform any duties related to the felling, handling and removal of trees under timber sale contracts on State Forests will be required to be Trained Logger Certified® (TLC) through the New York Logger Training Program. The New York Logger Training Program maintains this list of certified timber harvesters, see link in right column.
Truck drivers and loader operators are not required to be TLC if their only duties are the loading of forest products onto trucks and/or transportation of forest products from the harvest site.
Contracts will be posted for 30 days beyond bid opening date.
Parties interested in bidding must contact the appropriate DEC office to obtain the required Sale of Forest Products Proposal, Bidders/Proposer's Certification, and bid envelope. Bids submitted on something other than the Forest Products Proposal, without the Bidder's/Proposer's Certification, and/or without a bid deposit, will be rejected. Bids submitted in envelopes other than those provided by the Department may not be delivered to the appropriate location by the U.S. Postal Service.
Local sales have a winning bid amount less than $10,000, and are approved by the Regional Forester. Revenue sales have a winning bid of $10,000 or more, and require Central Office approval.
Bid results will be posted no sooner than 24 hours after the bid opening date.