Timber Sales on State Forests in Region 6
The following table lists all current sales of standing timber offered on State Forest properties in Region 6. Data for each sale includes the bid opening date, a link to the Notice of Sale, the minimum bid that will be accepted, and the bid results for that sale.
|Contract # /
Bid Opening Date
|Timber||Notice of Sale||Minimum
Dec. 21, 2016
|sftwd||Lewis 19 (PDF, 330 KB)||$5,965||Lowville|
Dec. 15, 2016
|sftwd||Lewis 26 (PDF, 450 KB)||$9,761||Albany|
Nov. 30, 2016
|sftwd||Lewis 9 (PDF, 330 KB)||$6,824.50||Lowville||over bid will be rebid|
Nov. 17, 2016
|Jefferson 8 (PDF, 375 KB)||$6,998||Albany||1) Pala Wood Services, Inc. - $7,210|
Oct. 27, 2016
|Lewis 21 (PDF, 455 KB)||$30,262||Albany||1) M. J. Lyndaker Logging, LLC - $57,910
2) Prentiss & Carlisle Management Co., Inc. - $56,400
3) Payne & Levi Sawmill, Inc. - $48,100
4) Pala Wood Services - $45,648
5) Patrick Croneiser Logging & Trucking - $44,292
6) G & C Martin Logging, Inc. - $43,280
Sept. 22, 2016
|sftwd||Lewis 25 (PDF, 410 KB)||$50,964.50||Albany||1) Patrick Croneiser Logging & Trucking - $105,600
2) G & C Martin Logging, Inc. - $87,700
3) Lyndaker Timber Harvesting, LLC - 79,216
4) Payne & Levi Sawmill, Inc. - $75,001
5) Darwin Keefer - $71,000
6) M.J. Lyndaker Logging, LLC - $67,956
7) Daniel Lyndaker & Sons Logging, LLC - $64,251
8) Pala Wood Services Co., Inc. - $61,770
Sept. 14, 2016
|sftwd||Lewis 23 (PDF, 436 KB)||$1,421.00||Lowville||1) Paul K. Sullivan - $2,560|
August 25, 2016
|sftwd||Oneida 13 (PDF, 413 KB)||$35,235||Albany||1) G&C Martin Logging, Inc. - $67,450
2) Prentiss & Carlisle Mgmt. Co., Inc. - $61,250
3) Patrick Cronieiser Logging & Trucking, Inc. - $41,724
4) M.J. Lyndaker Logging, LLC - $36,400
August 18, 2016
|sftwd||Oswego 2 (PDF, 500 KB)||$15,372||Albany||1) Darwin Keefer Logging - $20,000
2) Beller Logging & Excavating - $19,830
3) G & C Martin Logging, Inc. - $19,250
4) Jerry L. Reed - $17,760.82
*Office addresses are listed on the right side of this page.
Logger Training Requirements - Any person who will perform any duties related to the felling, handling and removal of trees under timber sale contracts on State Forests will be required to be Trained Logger Certified® (TLC) through the New York Logger Training Program. The New York Logger Training Program maintains this list of certified timber harvesters, see link in right column.
Truck drivers and loader operators are not required to be TLC if their only duties are the loading of forest products onto trucks and/or transportation of forest products from the harvest site.
Contracts will be posted for 30 days beyond bid opening date.
Parties interested in bidding must contact the appropriate DEC office to obtain the required Sale of Forest Products Proposal, Bidders/Proposer's Certification, and bid envelope. Bids submitted on something other than the Forest Products Proposal, without the Bidder's/Proposer's Certification, and/or without a bid deposit, will be rejected. Bids submitted in envelopes other than those provided by the Department may not be delivered to the appropriate location by the U.S. Postal Service.
Local sales have a winning bid amount less than $10,000, and are approved by the Regional Forester. Revenue sales have a winning bid of $10,000 or more, and require Central Office approval.
Bid results will be posted no sooner than 24 hours after the bid opening date.