Rockland County Park Rain Garden
This rain garden is an example of green infrastructure in a county park. The rain garden was constructed by Eagle Scout Troop 97 from New City. It captures runoff from adjacent parking lots which helps to prevent stormwater from polluting the Hackensack River Watershed.
- Site Address: Kennedy Dells County Park 355 North Main Street New City, NY 10956
- Town: Town of Clarkstown
- County: Rockland
- Land Use of Site: Recreation/Park
- Can Site be visited?: Yes
- Location on Site: Near the entrance of the parking lot.
Practice Information Details
- Intent of Design: To capture parking lot runoff and to encourage infiltration
- Stormwater Management Capacity: Currently Unknown
- Year of Installation: 2007
- Plant Material Used: Black Eye Susan and other native plants.
- Annual Operational and Maintenance: Minimal, Replacement of vegetation as needed.
- Required Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: "Gardens by Chris" Christina Shankar, (845) 352-5255
- Cost of Design: Designer donated services and materials.
- Installed by: Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project, Scout Troop 97 - New City
- Maintained by: Rockland County Parks Department
Contact for Additional Site Information:
Rockland County Division of Environment Resources