Dominican College Dry Swale
This dry swale is an example of green infrastructure in an institutional setting. It uses mosquito control design, no permanent pools (standing water), per Rockland County Regulations.
- Site Address: 470 Western Highway Orangeburg, NY 10962
- Town: Orangeburg
- County: Rockland
- Land Use of Site: College Campus
- Can Site be visited?: Yes with Campus Permission
- Location on Site: North East side of County Rte 15, west of new dormitory (Guzman Hall) building along access road.
Practice information Details
- Intent of Design: Stormwater quality treatment through filtration and quantity control through detention.
- Stormwater Management Capacity: 1251 cubic feet
- Year of Installation: 2007
- Plant Material Used: Grass/Lawn
- Annual Operational and Maintenance: Mowing
- Required Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: The Chazen Campanies
- Cost of Design: Undisclosed
- Installed by: Columbia Development
- Maintained by: Dominican College
Contact for Additional Site Information:
The Chazen Companies
Michele Zerfas, P.E