Vassar College Sand Filter
This underground sand filter is an example of green infrastructure in an institutional setting. The underground sand filter treats stormwater as it flows through underground settling and filtering chambers.
- Site Address: Hooker Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Town: Poughkeepsie
- County: Dutchess
- Land Use of Site: College Campus
- Can Site be visited?: Check with College
- Location on Site: Enter site from Hooker Avenue, filter is located behind building containing locker rooms, on opposite side of fence.
Practice Information Details
- Intent of Design: Treat parking lot runoff
- Stormwater Management Capacity: 4865 Cubic Feet
- Year of Installation: 2008
- Plant Material Used: N/A
- Annual Operational and Maintenance Required: None
- Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: The Chazen Companies
- Cost of Design: Undisclosed
- Installed by: Clark Companies
- Maintained by: Vassar College
Contact for Additional Site Information:
The Chazen Companies
Michele Zerfas, P.E.