Vassar College Rain Garden
This rain garden is an example of green infrastructure in an institutional setting. The runoff from the maintenance building is directed to the rain garden where is infiltrated into the ground.
- Site Address: Hooker Ave. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Town: Poughkeepsie
- County: Dutchess
- Land Use of Site: College Campus
- Can Site be visited?: Check with College
- Location on Site: North of first building on the right after entering the athletic complex from Hooker Avenue
Practice Information Details
- Intent of Design: Treat parking lot runoff through infiltration and biological uptake.
- Stormwater Management Capacity: 152 Cubic Feet
- Year of Installation: 2007
- Plant Material Used: Unknown
- Annual Operational and Maintenance: Weeding and replacement of any dead vegetation.
- Required Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: The Chazen Companies
- Cost of Design: Undisclosed
- Installed by: Clark Companies
- Maintained by: Vassar College
Contact for Additional Site Information:
The Chazen Companies
Michele Zerfas, P.E.