Dutchess County Community College Dry Swale
This dry swale is an example of green infrastructure in an institutional setting. The swale follows a sidewalk and staircase down the hill into a bioretention filter. It lowers the flow velocities and models natural hydrologic conditions.
- Site Address: 53 Pendell Rd. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Town: Poughkeepsie
- County: Dutchess
- Land Use of Site: College Campus
- Can Site be visited?: Yes
- Location on Site: Staff parking lot southwest of intersection of Creek and Cottage Roads. Swale follows sidewalk south of lot, up the hill.
Practice Information Details
- Intent of Design: Stormwater detainment and velocity reduction. Reduce time of flow concentration for reduced flow intensity.
- Stormwater Management Capacity: Undetermined.
- Year of Installation: 2001
- Plant Material Used: Landscaped and maintained turf
- Annual Operational and Maintenance: Mowing and debris removal.
- Required Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: The Chazen Companies
- Cost of Design: $4,500 for professional design services (fee was for design of three practices)
- Installed by: Site Contractor for North Academic Building Construction
- Maintained by: DCC Maintenance Staff
Contact for Additional Site Information:
The Chazen Companies