Dutchess County Community College Bioretention 2
This biotrention filter is an example of green infrastructure in an institutional setting. The bioretention area was constructed as a localized depression that includes a sub-grade perforated pipe collection system. The facility functions as a localized detention pond and as a bio-filtration facility. Vegetation located at the inflow works to slow water velocity as it enters the basin.
- Site Address: 53 Pendell Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Town: Poughkeepsie
- County: Dutchess
- Land Use of Site: College Campus
- Can Site be visited?: Yes
- Location on Site: Staff parking lot southwest of intersection of Creek and Cottage Roads. Basin is elevated above lot to the southwest.
Practice Information Details
- Intent of Design: Stormwater biofiltration and subsurface filtration from campus runoff.
- Stormwater Management Capacity: Undetermined. Mitigation function for storm water quantity and intensity flow reduction
- Year of Installation: 2001
- Plant Material Used: Landscaped and maintained turf.
- Annual Operational and Maintenance Required: Mowing
- Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: The Chazen Company
- Cost of Design: $4,500 for professional design services (fee was for design of three practices)
- Installed by: Site Contractor for North Academic Building Construction
- Maintained by: DCC Maintanance Staff
Contact for Additional Site Information:
The Chazen Companies