SUNY Albany Permeable Paving 1
This permeable paving is an example of green infrastructure in a institutional setting. It was constructed using decorative porous pavers in pedestrian gathering areas/nodes to enhance stormwater infiltration potential.
- Site Address: Campus of the State University of New York at Albany (SUNYA) - Western Avenue
- Town: Albany
- County: Albany
- Land Use of Site: College Campus
- Can Site be visited?: Yes
- Location on Site: Southern portion of loop road near athletic fields, directly across from Western Avenue entrance.
Practice Information Details
- Intent of Design: Reduce impacts from impervious surfaces.
- Stormwater Management Capacity: Unknown
- Year of Installation: 2007
- Plant Material Used: NA
- Annual Operational and Maintenance: None
- Required Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: The Chazen Companies
- Cost of Design: $625,000 (entire plan design cost, see also dry swale; permeable paving - running path)
- Installed by: HMA Contracting
- Maintained by: SUNY Albany
Contact for Additional Site Information:
The Chazen Companies
Craig Tripp, RLA