Latham Business Park Wet Swale
This wet swale is an example of green infrastructure in an industrial setting. The wet swale was constructed as a narrow open drainage channel designed to retain water for water quality treatment. It treats stormwater runoff from impervious surfaces on a 2.5 acre business park lot.
- Site Address: 43 British American Boulevard Latham, NY 12110
- Town: Latham
- County: Albany
- Land Use of Site: Business Park
- Can Site be visited?: Yes
- Location on Site: Before building 43 on the left.
Practice Information Details
- Intent of Design: Water quality treatment through biological wetland matrix.
- Stormwater Management Capacity: Not Determined
- Year of Installation: Not Determined
- Plant Material Used: Cattails and other native vegetation.
- Annual Operational and Maintenance: None
- Required Zoning Change or Special Permit: None
Design Construction and Maintenance Information
- Designed by: Tectonic Engineering
- Cost of Design: Undisclosed
Contact for Additional Site Information:
4 British American Boulevard
Latham, NY 12110