Lower Hudson Watershed Reports
This page contains reports on the Lower Hudson Watershed that were published by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation's Division of Water. This is not a comprehensive list of reports. If you can not find the desired report, please contact the Division of Water.
You may choose to view/download entire reports as one large file, or, in order to ease viewing/downloading, the information in these reports have been segmented into separate smaller files. Use the index below to find, view and download the reports (or portions of reports) that are of interest to you.
Waterbody Inventory/Priority Waterbodies List Report
Biological Assessment Reports
- Birch Creek, 2004 (PDF) (1.15 MB)
- Mill Creek, 2008 (PDF) (3.07 MB)
- Monhagen Brook, 2004 (PDF) (1.28 MB)
- Normans Kill, 2009 (PDF) (1.10 MB)
- Peekskill Hollow Creek, 2005 (PDF) (2.50 MB)
- Quackenderry Creek, 2005 (PDF) (1.93 MB)
- Salt Kill, 2004 (PDF) (3.38 MB)
- Shawangunk Kill, 2007 (PDF) (1.15 MB)
- Upper Esopus Creek, 2007 (PDF) (1.31 MB)
- Upper Esopus Creek, 2008 (PDF) (2.12 MB)
- Upper Esopus Creek, 2009 (PDF) (1.03 MB)
- Wallkill River, 2008 (PDF) (4.95 MB)
- Woodbury Creek, 2005 (PDF) (4.47 MB)
- Woodbury Creek, 2007 (PDF) (1.30 MB)
Groundwater Study Reports and Data
The links below go to United States Geological Survey (USGS) web pages. The DEC partners with the USGS to conduct research and publish the following reports and data for groundwater resources of the state. An overview of the monitoring project for the entire state, including links to methods, maps, and publications, can be found on USGS's 305(b) Ambient Groundwater Quality Monitoring webpage.
- Published Reports:
- Groundwater Quality in the Lower Hudson River Basin, New York, 2008 - Summary and link to full report.
- Ground-Water Quality in the Lower Hudson River Basin, New York, 2013 (Available soon)
- Data for the Lower Hudson River Basin can be accessed by: