Genesee River Watershed Reports
This page contains reports on the Genesee River Watershed that were published by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation's Division of Water. This is not a comprehensive list of reports. If you can not find the desired report, please contact the Division of Water.
Waterbody Inventory/Priority Waterbodies List Report
Nine Element Plan
- This report serves as a nine element watershed plan (PDF, 603 KB) to address phosphorus and sediment in the Genesee River basin. It identifies priority areas throughout the watershed for management action implementation. This plan may be used as a guide for improving water quality throughout the watershed and where the Genesee River meets Lake Ontario
Biological Assessment Reports
- Knight Creek, 2000 (PDF) (4.63 MB)
- Wiscoy Creek, 2015 (PDF) (3.14 MB)
- Christie Creek, 2016 (PDF) (4.69 MB)
Groundwater Study Reports and Data
The links below go to United States Geological Survey (USGS) web pages. The DEC partners with the USGS to conduct research and publish the following reports and data for groundwater resources of the state. An overview of the monitoring project for the entire state, including links to methods, maps, and publications, can be found on USGS's 305(b) Ambient Groundwater Quality Monitoring webpage.
- Published Reports:
- Ground-Water Quality in the Genesee River Basin, New York, 2005-2006 - Summary and link to full report.
- Groundwater Quality in the Genesee River Basin, New York, 2010 - Summary and link to full report.
- Data for the Genesee River Basin can be accessed by:
- Using an interactive map of sample sites listed by sample site number