Mine Reclamation Award NominationAre you doing an outstanding reclamation job at your mine? Good reclamation deserves to be recognized. If you believe that a mining operation deserves special recognition, consider submitting an application for New York State's Annual Mined Land Reclamation Award. New York award winners are automatically nominated for two national awards. Open the New York State Annual Mined Land Reclamation Award Brochure to find out how to apply for the award...you may even win a national award.
Open the Nomination Form and Instructions for procedures to nominate quality reclamation for the New York State Mined Land Reclamation Award.
New York Award Categories.
Companies located in New York may compete in either of the two categories:
- Mines 10 acres or less affected
- Mines over 10 acres affected
The reclamation effort must voluntarily go beyond regulatory requirements and:
- produce a community benefit;
- involve a new technique; or
- use an innovative solution for a difficult problem.
Applications are available at:
Mined Land Reclamation Award
Division of Mineral Resources
625 Broadway, 3rd Floor
Albany, NY 12233-6500
(518) 402-8072 Fax (518) 402-8060
From the Mined Land Reclamation Specialist in your Region.
Applications must be postmarked no later than August 1st of the year of nomination.
The Award is typically scheduled for presentation at the DEC Log Cabin during the New York State Fair, located in Syracuse, NY.
- New York Gravel Mine National Award
- 1st Annual Mined Land Award - 1997
- 2nd Annual Mined Land Award - 1998
- 3rd Annual Mined Land Award - 1999