How to Register as a NYS Water Well Contractor
First time registrations are accepted throughout the year. Re-registration will occur each year during the month of March. Your registration will be effective between April 1 through the following March 31.
Requirements for registration as a Water Well Contractor in the State of New York are:
- Certification: by passing a two part National Ground Water Association (NGWA) Certification exam.
- Submission of a completed registration form.
- A check or money order to cover the $10 annual registration fee.
You may obtain a registration form by any of the following means:
- On Line - NYS Well Driller Registration Form (PDF) (146 KB) - This form can be viewed and printed as is, or you can fill it out on screen and then print it to your local printer. You can also download it by right clicking on the link and saving it to your PC.
NOTE: To save a completed form you must first download it to your PC and use a copy of the form that has been downloaded to your PC.
- By e-mail
- By Fax - Our fax number is (518) 402-8290, please include a return fax number or a postal address.
- By U.S. Mail - Our address is: NYSDEC; Div. of Water, Water Well Program; 625 Broadway, 4th Floor; Albany, NY 12233-3508
- By Telephone - Toll Free (877) 472-2619, (518) 402-8291
For more information, or questions concerning the Water Well Program, please contact us at the address or phone number above.