The State of the Hudson Report
How is the Hudson doing?
That is the number one question on people's minds when conversation turns to the river, and it goes to the heart of measuring our success in sustaining the Hudson. To answer it, the Hudson River Estuary Program has produced The State of the Hudson 2015. In layperson's language, this illustrated report concisely describes progress and identifies ongoing problems. It looks at water quality, habitat, biodiversity, and fish and wildlife in the estuary and its watershed as well as climate change challenges and stewardship initiatives.
You can use the links below to download a PDF version of the document.
The State of the Hudson 2015 (PDF) (35.5 MB) This is a large document with fairly high resolution and may be slow to download. As an alternative you may download specific sections using the links below.
Sections for easy download
Each of these sections will display as a two-page spread, but print as two separate pages.
- Cover (PDF) (4.6 MB)
- Page 1: Some Estuary Essentials/"The Times They Are A' Changin'" (PDF) (5.1 MB)
- Pages 2-3: Is Extreme the New Normal? (PDF) (2.7 MB)
- Pages 4-5: Water Quality - Running Cleaner? (PDF) (3.3 MB)
- Pages 6-7: The Hudson's Aquatic Habitats (PDF) (4 MB)
- Pages 8-9: That River's Alive (PDF) (2.5 MB)
- Pages 10-11: Conserving Nature in the Watershed Landscape (PDF) (1.7 MB)
- Pages 12-13: The Challenge of Climate Change (PDF) (3.1 MB)
- Pages 14-15: Stewardship: An Upward Trend (PDF) (4.7 MB)
- Page 16: Getting to the River - Access Real and Virtual (PDF) (2.8 MB)