New York's State Forester
Robert K. Davies
Robert K. Davies, Director of DEC's Division of Lands and Forests is New York's State Forester. He is responsible for the implementation of United States Forest Service programs within New York including the Forest Stewardship Program and the Forest Legacy Program.
Mr. Davies is also responsible for the implementation and management of various state environmental programs which include:
- Open Space Conservation
- Urban and Community Forestry
- Adirondack and Catskill Forest Preserves
- Forest Preserve Stewardship
- Conservation Easements
- State Forest Management
- Forest Health and Protection
- Forest Landowner Assistance
- Forest Products Utilization and Marketing
- State Land Acquisition
Read an open letter to New York's private forest landowners from State Forester Robert K. Davies.