Major and Minor Projects
Mined Land Reclamation Permit
Procedures, review time frames, processing fees, and requirements for public notice for applications, are different for major and minor projects under the Uniform Procedures Act (Part 621). In general, minor Mined-Land Reclamation projects have shorter review time frames and require no formal public notice.
Major Mined Land Reclamation Projects
Applications which do not meet all of the Minor Mined-Land Reclamation Project criteria will be processed as Major projects.
Minor Mined Land Reclamation Projects
Minor Mined-Land Reclamation projects include those which meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Total acreage affected by mining for the entire mining site is less than 5 acres regardless of the length of the mining period;
- Total depth of the mine from the floor to the top of the mine face is less than 20 feet;
- Any on-site processing of mining products consist of only those activities that are exempt from the air contamination source permits pursuant to section 201-3.2(c)(28) and (29) of this Title;
- There is no mining within 100 feet of any surface waters;
- There is no mining of consolidated minerals;
- There is no mining within 500 feet of any dwelling; and.
- There is no mining below the water table at the mine site.