NYS Water Well Completion Report
NYS Environmental Conservation Law 15-1525 requires a Well Completion Report be completed by the contractor and filed with NYSDEC and the well owner for each water well drilled within the State of New York. NYSDEC provides Well Completion Report Forms to registered water well contractors to assist them in complying with this part of the law.
1) Well Completion Reports for all counties in NYS except Nassau, Suffolk, Kings or Queens, must be filed with the NYSDEC Central office in Albany, NY.
A Well Completion Report Form can be obtained by the following means:
- By Telephone - Toll Free (877) 472-2619 or (518) 402-8291.
- By e-mail - NYSWells@gw.dec.state.ny.us.
- By Fax - Our fax number is (518) 402-8290, please include a return fax number or postal address.
- By U.S. Mail - NYSDEC, Div. of Water; Water Well Program; 625 Broadway, 4th floor; Albany, NY, 12233-3508.
Please note: The document contains instructions for filling out and filing the "Well Completion Report Form". For additional assistance or instruction on the form, call one of the telephone numbers listed directly above.
2) Filing a Long Island Well Completion Report - This report should be filed with NYSDEC Regional Headquarters office in Stony Brook, NY, after drilling a water well in Nassau, Suffolk, Kings or Queens county. A Long Island Well Completion Report form can be obtained by the following means:
- By Fax - (631) 444-0424 please include a return fax number or postal address.
- By U.S. Mail - NYSDEC, Water Supply Unit - Region 1; Building 40, Room 132; State Univ. of New York; Stony Brook, New York 11790-2356.
- By Telephone - (631) 444-0410.