Hearings and Decisions
This website provides information about the Office of Hearings docket and hearing outcomes, including Decisions and Orders by the Commissioner, as well as Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) rulings and hearing reports. The list of Decisions, Orders, rulings, and hearing reports dates from 1992, and is updated regularly. The documents posted on the website are listed alphabetically.
Also available here are links to DEC guidance documents for people who are participating in permit or enforcement hearings.
Docket Management System
The docket management system is a database of cases that have been referred to the Office of Hearings and Mediation Services (OHMS) for public hearings or other action by an administrative law judge and a decision by the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. The docket contains cases that have closed on or after January 1, 2005. For cases that closed before January 1, 2005, contact OHMS at 518-402-9003 or send an e-mail to the Hearings Office.
More about Hearings and Decisions:
- Recent Decisions - List of 10 Most Recent Decisions
- Hearing Decisions from A to C - NYS DEC Hearing Decisions from A to C
- Hearing Decisions from D to G - NYS DEC Hearing Decisions from D to G
- Hearing Decisions from H to L - NYS DEC Hearing Decisions from H to L
- Hearing Decisions from M to N - NYS DEC Hearing Decisions from M to N
- Hearing Decisions from O to R - NYS DEC Hearing Decisions from O to R
- Hearing Decisions of S - NYS DEC Hearing Decisions for S
- Hearing Decisions from T to Z - NYS DEC Hearing Decisions from T to Z
- Adirondack Park Agency Hearing Decisions Index - Adirondack Park Agency Hearing Decisions Index
- Lake George Park Commission Hearing Decisions Index - List of Lake George Park Commission Rulings