Climate Smart Community Coordinators
Resources to Support Climate Smart Communities
The New York State Climate Smart Community (CSC) coordinators are resources available to support Climate Smart Communities as they work to carry out the CSC Pledge. These six organizations are highly qualified in planning, design, engineering and other disciplines essential to successful local community actions.
The CSC coordinators are part of a pilot program to test the effectiveness of hands-on, technical support and guidance in facilitating selection, development and implementation of successful local climate action programs. During the pilot, four coordinators will work directly with communities in specified geographic areas of the state: Long Island, Mid-Hudson, Capital District and Central New York. One coordinator will provide indirect assistance to communities outside the pilot regions and coordinate regional greenhouse gas inventory efforts, and one coordinator will provide deep expertise in land-use and transportation planning techniques and outcomes to support the work of all coordinators.
For further information about each of the CSC Coordinator's and their programs, including contact details and available support, tools, events, and actions, please click on the links below or on the left side of this page.
More about Climate Smart Community Coordinators:
- Capital District CSC Coordinator - Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady.
- Central New York CSC Coordinator - Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Onondaga and Oswego.
- Long Island CSC Coordinator - Nassau and Suffolk.
- Mid-Hudson CSC Coordinator - Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester.
- Land Use and Transportation Planning Support CSC Coordinator - Information about the Land Use and Transportation Planning Support Climate Smart Community Coordinator including contact details and available support, tools, events and actions.
- Statewide (Outside of Pilot Regions) CSC Coordinator - Information about the Statewide Climate Smart Community Coordinator including contact details and available support, tools, events and actions.