Through NYSERDA's Clean Energy Communities (CEC) program (see link at right), locally based outreach coordinators are available to provide free, on-demand technical assistance to municipalities for implementing clean energy actions and participating in the Climate Smart Communities Certification program. To access this free technical support, contact your CEC regional coordinator (link leaves DEC website).
From 2012 to 2015, Climate Smart Communities (CSC) Regional Coordinators Pilot Program examined the effectiveness of hands-on, technical support and guidance in developing and implementing of local climate action programs. By the conclusion of the three-year pilot in November 2015, the CSC Regional Coordinators held 500 one-on-one meetings with communities and conducted hundreds of trainings and presentations across New York State. Sixty new Climate Smart Communities were enrolled into the program, 89 local climate action plans were finalized and hundreds of greenhouse gas inventories were completed. The CSC Regional Coordinators also created tools, guidance documents and templates designed to help local governments reduce their emissions and adapt to a changing climate; these resources are now available to all communities via the CSC program.
Strategies and lessons learned from the CSC Regional Coordinator Pilot Program are now informing New York's ongoing commitment to helping communities become more resilient and transition to clean energy. For further information about the CSC Coordinators that participated in the 2012-2015 pilot, please click on the links below.
More about Regional Coordinators:
- Capital District CSC Coordinator - Information about CDRPC and services provided during the 2012-2015 pilot to CSCs in Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady counties
- Central New York CSC Coordinator - Information about CNYRPDB and services provided during the 2012-2015 pilot to CSCs in Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Onondaga and Oswego counties
- Long Island CSC Coordinator - Information about Cameron Engineering and services provided during the 2012-2015 pilot to CSCs in Nassau and Suffolk counties
- Mid-Hudson CSC Coordinator - Information about VHB and services provided during the 2012-2015 pilot to CSCs in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties
- Land Use and Transportation Planning CSC Coordinator - Information about Rutgers University and services provided during the 2012-2015 pilot
- Statewide (Outside of Pilot Regions) CSC Coordinator - Information about Climate Action Associates and services provided during the 2012-2015 pilot