Climate Smart Communities Resources and Services
Sign up with DEC Delivers in the box to the right to receive emails about new resources, funding opportunities, and upcoming webinars and workshops from the Climate Smart Communities program.
Climate Smart Communities Webinar Series
Experts and representatives from leading Climate Smart Communities share ideas and experiences in brief, informative sessions via the Internet. The Climate Smart Communities (CSC) webinar series runs from June through September each year on the second Thursday of the month, unless otherwise posted. Sessions begin at 10:30 AM and last approximately 90 minutes. Previous webinar presentations and recordings are found on our Webinar Presentations page.
- Next webinar: Thursday, May 11th, 2017 at 10:30 AM - Lessons Learned from NYPA's Five Cities Energy Program
Visit the event listing on the DEC calendar for more information on the next webinar. Or enter your email in the DEC Delivers box at top of this page to receive emails with instructions on how to access each webinar.
Direct Technical Support
New York State is committed to helping local governments implement other clean energy initiatives and engage with the Climate Smart Communities Certification program. Free, on-demand technical assistance for municipalities is available via NYSERDA's Clean Energy Communities (CEC) program. To access this free technical support, contact your CEC regional coordinator (link leaves DEC website).
From 2012 to 2015, New York State also sponsored the Climate Smart Communities Regional Coordinators Pilot Program to provide direct technical support to CSCs in four regions: Central New York, Capital District, Mid-Hudson and Long Island. With the Climate Smart Communities pledge as a roadmap, the coordinators advised and empowered local governments by connecting them with appropriate financial and technical programs, helping them to coordinate with and learn from other communities, offering practical assistance and helping communities track their accomplishments. The tools and resources developed during this three-year pilot are now available to all communities via the CSC program.
Climate Smart Communities Guide to Local Action
The Climate Smart Communities Guide to Local Action provides how-to information and community action case studies.
More about Climate Smart Communities Resources and Services:
- Climate Smart Communities Toolkit - The Climate Smart Communities Toolkit allows New York communities to find recommended practices that will help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to the effects of climate change, specifically in the areas of land-use, transportation policy, green buildings, infrastructure investment, green infrastructure, housing policy, and adaptation and reslience.
- Climate Smart Communities in the News - Tangible climate-smart actions by Climate Smart Communities.
- Regional Coordinators - Information on the regional coordinators that are available to support Climate Smart Communities.
- Climate Smart Webinar Presentations - Links to past Climate Smart Communities' webinar presentations.
- Climate Smart Webinar Schedule - Schedule for upcoming Climate Smart Community webinars.