New York Tackles Climate Change
Impacts of Climate Change
Undesirable climate change impacts frequently outweigh the possible benefits. Impacts are projected for public health, natural resources, agriculture, transportation, tourism, water supply and quality, public infrastructure, energy, and many other sectors.
Mitigation of Climate Change
Choices we make now can reduce greenhouse gases in our atmosphere and diversify our economy.
Adaptation to Climate Change
Climate change is already occurring, and some additional change is inevitable. New York is adapting to new conditions and preparing for these changes to protect its citizens and reduce the costs of recovery.
Community Action on Climate
The Climate Smart Communities program provides support and assistance for reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and climate adapation at the local level.
Climate Change Information Sources
A list of useful web pages where you may find additional information about climate, greenhouse gases, and global warming.
More about Climate Change:
- Impacts of Climate Change in New York - Information on climate change impacts, including sea-level rise and health, in New York.
- Mitigation of Climate Change - What New York is doing to reduce greenhouse gases by decreasing fossil fuel consumption and energy waste, and transitioning to clean, renewable energy sources.
- Adaptation to Climate Change - How New York is strengthening its resiliency to extreme events and preparing to cope with changing conditions across the state.
- Community Action on Climate Change - Making communities climate smart, through local action and regional sustainability planning.
- Climate Change Information Resources - Places to look for further information on climate change