Skip to main navigation
Oil, Gas and Solution Mining Law Declaration of Policy - ECL Article 23
It is hereby declared to be in the public interest:
- to regulate the development, production and utilization of natural resources of oil and gas in this state in such a manner as will prevent waste;
- to authorize and to provide for the operation and development of oil and gas properties in such a manner that
- a greater ultimate recovery of oil and gas may be had, and
- that the correlative rights of all owners and the rights of all persons including landowners and the general public may be fully protected, and
- to provide in similar fashion for the underground storage of gas, the solution mining of salt and geothermal, stratigraphic and brine disposal wells.