Well Spacing and Compulsory Integration
Well spacing in new fields and compulsory integration in New York are governed by Titles 5 and 7, respectively, of the Oil, Gas and Solution Mining Law. These titles were significantly amended on August 2, 2005. Hearing processes required by the amended statute are conducted as described in DEC Program Policy DMN-1: Public Hearing Processes for Oil and Gas Well Spacing and Compulsory Integration. Currently scheduled hearings are listed in the Mineral Resources Environmental Notice Bulletin
More about Well Spacing and Compulsory Integration:
- DEC Program Policy DMN-1: Public Hearing Processes for Oil and Gas Well Spacing and Compulsory Integration - NYSDEC Hearing Processes for Spacing and Compulsory Integration
- Statewide Spacing Unit Sizes and Setbacks - This table shows spacing unit sizes for gas wells that conform to Title 5 of the Oil, Gas, and Solution Mining Law.
- Applicant's Checklist for Spacing Unit Map - Checklist of required information on the spacing unit map required by ECL 23-0501.
- Affirmation of Acreage Control and Rights in Target Formation - NYSDEC, Division of Mineral Resources - Effective August 2, 2005, all applications for well permits subject to ECL 23-0501 must include an Affirmation of Acreage Control and Rights in Target Formation.
- Non-Conforming Spacing Unit Procedures - Application procedures for spacing units which do not conform to statewide spacing under Title 5 of the Oil, Gas and Solution Mining Law
- Compulsory Integration Election Form - NYSDEC, Division of Mineral Resources - Thirty days prior to a compulsory integration hearing, the well operator must provide a Compulsory Integration Election Form to uncontrolled owners.
- Landowner Option Guide - What happens if I don't lease, but my acreage is assigned to a well?
- Trenton-Black River Fields With Spacing and Integration Hearings Held Before August 2, 2005 - Spacing Orders and Related Documents for NYS Trenton-Black River fields with hearings held before August 2, 2005.
- Spacing and Integration Order Bradley Brook Field - Documents which describe and illustrate proposed terms of a spacing and integration order for Bradley Brook Field.