ENB - REGION 3 NOTICES

Completed Applications
Consolidated SPDES Renewals

Positive Declaration

Orange County - The Town of Monroe Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Forest Edge Subdivision may have a significant adverse impact on the environment and a Draft Environmental Impact Statement must be prepared. The action involves a request for subdivision approval and all other necessary land use approvals for a major subdivision on a 25.31-acre parcel in the URM zoning district. At the time of lead agency circulation, the project was described as a 49-lot subdivision using individual wells and connecting to public sewers. Since lead agency circulation, the project has been modified to 51 lots with the offer of connection to Kiryas Joel village water. The applicant has expressed the intent to analyze both alternatives in the course of SEQR review, and this involves the need among other things to drill and test representative wells under the direction of the town’s consulting hydrogeologist. The site is the former Jehovah’s Witness Hall and is currently developed with a meeting hall and paved parking and circulation areas, among other things. This structure is proposed to be demolished.

The site contains nearly 3 acres of federal jurisdictional wetland that has been flagged in the field and was the subject of a Jurisdictional Determination. The plan proposes a network of private roads leading to Mountain Road (CR 44). The project is located in the Town of Monroe, County of Orange, Forest and Mountain Roads (CR 44); adjoins Village of Kiryas Joel boundary Zoning Districts: URM, Tax Map Parcel: Town of Monroe Sec 1 Bl 2 Lot 8.21.

Contact: Pat Malanaphy, Town of Monroe Planning Board, Town Hall – 11 Stage Road, Monroe, New York 10950, phone: (845) 783-1900 ext. 233.


Positive Declaration And Public Scoping

Dutchess County - The Town of East Fishkill Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Montage at East Fishkill may have a significant adverse impact on the environment and a Draft Environmental Impact Statement must be prepared. A public scoping session will be held on May 31, 2005 at 7:30 p.m. at the Town of East Fishkill Town Hall, 330 NYS Route 376, Hopewell Junction, New York. The action involves the applicant, Sharbell Dutchess, Inc., proposing to subdivide an existing 385.5-acre undeveloped parcel using a proposed Senior Housing CRD overlay zone. The application will involve the development of 273 residential units with a dedicated recreational area and an approximately 42,000 square foot of commercial. The units will be comprised of a mix of detached, semi-detached and townhouse units, of which approx. 75% would be comprised of “active-adult” senior housing units and the remaining 25%, would be non-senior housing units. The project is located on NYS Route 52 near the intersection with NYS Route 216 in the Hamlet of Stormville, Town of East Fishkill.

Contact: Mark Cannuli, Town of East Fishkill, Town Hall, 330 NYS Route 376, Hopewell Junction, New York 12533, phone: (609) 918-2400.