ENB - REGION 6 NOTICES

Completed Applications
Consolidated SPDES Renewals

Public Notice

DEC Region: 6

County: St. Lawrence

Lead Agency: NYS DEC

Contact Person: Peter Frank NYS DEC
Forest Preserve Management
625 Broadway
Albany, NY 12233-4254
Phone Number: (518) 473-9518

Project Location: Town of Piercefield

Project Title: Trout Pond Lean-to

Project Description: The action involves construction by the NYS DEC of a lean-to near Trout Pond in the Horseshoe Lake Wild Forest, a part of the Adirondack Forest Preserve.

This project was included in the unit management plan/environmental impact statement for the Bog River, which was completed January 30, 2003. The project requires the removal of 4 trees over 3 inches in diameter at breast height. This notice is in compliance with the policy LF-91-2, Cutting, Removal or Destruction of Trees on Forest Preserve Lands. The New York Natural Heritage Program does not have any record of threatened or endangered species in the project area nor are there wetlands in the project area.


Negative Declaration

Jefferson County - The Town of Ellisburg, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Enactment of Local Law Establishing Rules, Regulations and Water Rents of Town of Ellisburg Water District No. 1 will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves enactment of Local Law Establishing Rules, Regulations and Water Rents for the Town of Ellisburg Water District No. 1 by the Town of Ellisburg Town Board.

Contact: Contact Person: Debra L. Payne, Town of Ellisburg, 11574 South Main Street, P. O. Box 113, Ellisburg, NY 13636, phone: (315) 846-5138, fax: (315) 846-9059.


St. Lawrence County - The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Salvage of 94 Acres of Storm Damaged Scotch Pine Trees on St. Lawrence Reforestation Area #22, Stands A-6, 21 will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the salvage of 94 acres of scotch pine trees that were damaged during a January 1998 ice storm. The trees are approximately 50 years old and range in size from 6 inches to 14 inches (diameter at breast height). Currently, approximately 30% of the trees in the stand are snapped off and dead. The remaining trees, (70%) all have significant crown damage, increasing the likelihood that they will not survive or will be killed by a secondary pathogen. Scotch pine seedling regeneration is present throughout the damaged stands. The project is located 2 and 1/2 miles west of the Village of Fort Jackson in the Town of Stockholm.

Contact: Timothy Baxter, NYS DEC, 6739 US Highway 11, Potsdam, NY 13676, phone: (315) 265-3090.


St. Lawrence County - The Planning Board of the Village of Massena, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed subdivision and all related infrastructure, located in the Village of Massena will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The project involves subdivision of land located on Welling Drive ( known as the West Massena Tract Phase 3 and 4) in the Village of Massena, St. Lawrence County, NY.

Contact: Frank Hutt, Village Planning Board, Village of Massena, 60 Main Street, Massena, NY 13662, phone: (315) 769-6803.