Consolidated SPDES Renewals
Essex County - The Planning Board of the Town of Willsboro, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Benedict Subdivision II will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves a two lot single family residential housing subdivision of 1.64 acres. House lots will be supplied with municipal water and have individual on-site sewerage treatment. The project is located on Farrell Bay Road.
Contact: James A. Kinley, Town of Willsboro, 1 Farrell Road, Willsboro, NY 12996, phone: (518) 963-7411, fax: (518) 963-7488.
Essex County - The Planning Board of the Town of Willsboro, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Amendment to Town of Willsboro Zoning Ordinance, Article X - Adult Entertainment will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. A public hearing will be held on October 14, 2003 at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Hall, Willsboro, New York. The action involves an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance overlay district for Adult Entertainment. The project is located townwide.
Contact: Robert Ashline, Town of Willsboro, PO Box 370, Willsboro, NY 12996.
Franklin County - The Planning Board of the Village of Tupper Lake/Town of Altamont, as lead agencies have determined that the proposed Special Review Use Permit Application to Allow Construction of Two New Mini Storage Buildings in the Village of Tupper Lake Commerical Zoning District will not have a significant adverse environmental impact provided specific conditions are met. There will be a 30 day public comment period commencing with the date of this notice. The applicant/owner of the subject project is Mr. Lawrence E. Tillack of Lawrence Homes Corporation located at 430 East Street, Canandaigua, New York 14424. The proposed action is located in Commercial Zoning and involves the construction of two mini storage buildings, each measuring 40 feet wide by 100 feet long, off the south side of Santa Clara Avenue and east of an existing 40 feet wide by 100 feet long mini storage building. Each proposed mini storage building will contain 20 units measuring 10 feet by 20 feet. The project area is adjacent to and north of existing wetlands, and approximately 350 feet from Demars Boulevard (State Route 3) which passes through the Village of Tupper Lake.
The conditions are:
1) in the case of any future subdivision, all wetlands must be retained; no subdivision line may pass through wetlands; and there must be no wetlands on a lot being conveyed.
2) adequate erosion controls and stormwater management controls must be used to insure that the commercial use structures do not affect the nearby wetlands. Erosion control measures include installation of an erosion control fence along the southerly edge of the construction site prior to any earth disturbance on the site. This fence should consist of Mirafi 200x or equivalent, should be embedded into the ground at least 4 inches and should be maintained in excellent functional condition until completion of the project and the site is stabilized and revegetated.
3) all driveways/accessways will be of gravel/crusher-run (as proposed) to allow for percolation of stormwater.
4) the grading associated with the project and overall site (including, but not limited to, the removal of existing and project-related gravel and earth piles and the installation of gravel/crusher-run driveways) should be in the northerly direction away from the wetlands area and so as not to result in any increased runoff into the wetlands.
5) exterior and parking lot lighting shall be designed with external glare shields or cutoff light fixtures as needed for operating and for security purposes.6) the site will be landscaped with grassy areas surrounding the proposed and existing buildings and with pine and/or cedar-type plantings along the easterly side of the site and in front of all of the buildings for aesthetic and screening purposes.
Project Location (include street address/municipality): Santa Clara Avenue (Village Tax Map Section 490.35-Block 2-Lot 4 and consisting of approximately 5.41 acres); in the Village of Tupper Lake (Town of Altamont, Franklin County, NY 12986)
Contact: John R. Storrin, Town of Altamont Planning Office, 120 Demars Boulevard, Tupper Lake, New York 12986, phone: (518) 359-2398, fax: (518) 359-2634.