ENB - REGION 1 NOTICES

        
Completed Applications Consolidated SPDES Renewals
Negative Declaration

Suffolk County - The Village of Islandia Board of Trustees, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Amendment of Zoning Code of the Incorporated Village of Islandia will not have a significant environmental impact. The action involves the amendment of the Village Zoning Code to include "indoor sports establishment" among the uses allowed in the I-Industry zoning district. The project is located in the I-Industry districts throughout the Village of Islandia, comprising a total of approximately 200 acres.

Contact: Marie Zielenski, Incorporated Village of Islandia, 110 Old Nichols Road, Islandia, NY 11779-4718, phone: (631) 348-1133.


Suffolk County - The Town of Shelter Island Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Moderelli and Huebner - Lot Line Modification will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the modification of the lot line between two parcels. The Moderelli parcel is 31,351 sq. ft. in size and the Huebner parcel is 149,351 sq. ft. Equal areas of land (3,298 sq. ft.) will be transfered between the parcels. Therefore, no net increase or decrease in the area of the lots will occur. The project is located on the north side of Sunnyside Avenue and the south side of Prospect Avenue, Shelter Island.

Contact: Arthur Barnett, Town of Shelter Island Planning Board, PO Box 521, Shelter Island, NY 11964, phone: (631) 749-1752.


Suffolk County - The Incorporated Village of Port Jefferson Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed St. Charles Hospital will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the reconstruction of existing recharge basin, including installation of steel sheet retaining wall, diffusion wells, and emergency overflow piping. The project is located at 200 Belle Terre Road, Port Jefferson.

Contact: James Burke, 88 North Country Road, Port Jefferson, NY 11777, phone: (631) 473-4744.

Notice of Acceptance of Draft EIS

Suffolk County - The Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Brookhaven, as lead agency, has accepted a Draft EIS on the proposed Lowe's at Rocky Point. The action involves the construction of a 152,050 sq. ft. home improvement center with open and covered garden center, parking, landscaping, sanitary and other support facilities. The project is located on the north side of Route 25A, east of Westchester Avenue, Town of Brookhaven.

Contact: Ralph F. Wiebelt, Division of Planning, 3233 Route 112, Medford, NY 11763, phone: (631) 451-6415.

Notice of Acceptance of Final EIS

Suffolk County - The Town of Islip Town Board, as lead agency, has accepted a Final EIS on the proposed Heartland Business Center Expansion. The action involves the mapping and building of a public road on an 87 acre property that will allow for the future development of an industrial park. The property consists primarily of oak brush plain, a type of pine barrens ecosystem. Approximately 20 percent of the property (17 acres) will be preserved in perpetuity as a result of clustering of the industrial development onto the remaining 80 percent of the property. This will create a buffer area between the development and the adjacent Edgewood State Park Preserve. The project is bounded to the west by the New York State Edgewood Preserve, to the north by Pilgrim State Hospital and to the south by the existing Heartland Business Center, Town of Islip.

Contact: Alan Svoboda, Town of Islip Planning Department, 655 Main Street, Islip, NY 11751, phone: (631) 224-5450.

Notice of Acceptance of Final Generic EIS

Suffolk County - The Town of Southampton, as lead agency, has accepted a Final Generic EIS on the proposed Westhampton Residential Planned Development District (RPDD). The proposed action is adoption of a Westhampton Planned Development District Study, which includes the Westhampton Residential Planned Development District for the drag strip property, within the Town of Southampton. The Town Board of the Town of Southampton is considering a proposed code amendment to rezone land from its existing CR200 residential zoning district to a Residential Planned Development District (RPDD) to allow up to a maximum of 230 senior citizen dwelling units, clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts, sewage treatment plant and other related accessory uses upon its own motion covering the Westhampton Drag Strip located on Old Country Road between Summit Blvd and Fifth Avenue (SCTM No. 900-329-1-12.2), situated in Westhampton.

Contact: Jefferson V. Murphree, AICP, Assistant Town Planning and Development Administrator, Town of Southampton, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton, New York 11968. Telephone (631) 287-5707. E-mail: jmurphree@town.Southampton.ny.us