ENB Region 6 Completed Applications 10/30/2013
Town of Kirkland
3701 St Rte 12B
PO Box 235
Clinton, NY 13323 -0235
Clark Mills Sewage Treatment Plant
Treatment Plant Access Road Off of Westmoreland Rd
Clark Mills, NY 13321
Permit(s) Applied for:
Article 17 Titles 7 & 8 Municipal SPDES - Surface Discharge
Project is Located:
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has made a tentative determination to modify an existing permit for the Clark Mills Sewer District Wastewater Treatment Plan related to plant upgrades/improvements. The Facility is located in the Town of Kirkland, Oneida County and discharges treated wastewater to the Oriskany Creek, (Class B(T)). Specific changes include:
- The wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) discharge would increase from the current permitted value of 0.3 million gallons per day (MGD) to a proposed discharge of 0.5 MGD.
- Addition of a new seasonal ammonia effluent limit and a reduction of the seasonal chlorine effluent limit based on NYS water quality standards.
- Addition of a schedule of submittal requirements for revisions to the Operation and Maintenance (O & M) Manual which will reflect the proposed upgrades/improvements at the plant. Permit pages have also been updated to reflect current DEC format, provisions and conditions as set fort in 6 NYCRR Part 750-1.2(a) and 750-2.
- Updates to the administrative information on the "Discharge Notification Requirements" and "Recording, Reporting and Additional Requirements" sections to reflect current department guidance.
- Inclusion of a new monitoring location page (site plan) to reflect the construction and operation of the proposed upgrades//improvements.
- Addition of the mercury minimization program for low priority POTWs to reflect current DEC guidance as set forth in Technical & Operational Guidance Series (TOGS) 1.3.10 for "Mercury -SPDES Permitting, Multiple Discharge Variance and Water Quality Monitoring".
Availability of Application Documents:
Filed application documents, and Department draft permits where applicable, are available for inspection during normal business hours at the address of the contact person. To ensure timely service at the time of inspection, it is recommended that an appointment be made with the contact person.
State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR) Determination:
Project is an Unlisted Action and will not have a significant impact on the environment. A Negative Declaration is on file. A coordinated review was not performed.
SEQR Lead Agency: None Designated
State Historic Preservation Act (SHPA) Determination:
The proposed activity is not subject to review in accordance with SHPA. The permit type is exempt or the activity is being reviewed in accordance with federal historic preservation regulations.
This project is not located in a Coastal Management area and is not subject to the Waterfront Revitalization and Coastal Resources Act.
Opportunity for Public Comment:
Comments on this project must be submitted in writing to the Contact Person no later than Nov 29, 2013.
Terry R Tyoe
NYSDEC Region 6 Utica Sub-Office
State Office Bldg - 207 Genesee St
Utica, NY 13501