ENB - Region 9 Notices 8/14/2013
Conditioned Negative Declaration
Cattaraugus County - The Village of Gowanda Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed 42 Jamestown Street Project will not have a significant adverse environmental impact provided specific conditions are met. There will be a 30 day public comment period commencing with the date of this notice.
The action involves the redevelopment and construction of a single-story, 9,000 square foot facility (of which 5,888 square feet will be operations space in service use) and associated paved parking on a parcel of land located on the east side of Jamestown Street in the Village of Gowanda, New York. The site is fully developed with a single-story 2,936 square foot fast food restaurant structure which is currently vacant. The existing, outdated structure will be demolished and replaced with a modern office building. Portions of paved parking surface will remain. The proposed building will house the "Zoar Valley Clinic", an outpatient mental health services provider administered by the New York State Office of Mental Health.
The conditions are:
1) All van and bus patient drop-offs will be done in the parking lot on site. No "on street" drop-offs will be permitted.
2) No request for an on-street bus stop adjacent to the property will be made now or at any time in the future.
3) The developer will comply with federal, state, county, and village flood control regulations as directed by the village building code enforcement officer.
4) The developer will maintain the existing stockade fencing surrounding the property in good order and in keeping with the design of the building.
5) The exterior lighting for the building will be maintained in a similar style to the existing lighting with parking lot lighting being downward facing so as not to be intrusive to the surrounding residential properties.
6) The parking lot will be available for public use during non-business hours.
Contact: Gary Brecker, Village of Gowanda, 27 East Main Street, Gowanda, NY 14070, Phone: (716) 870-8330 or (716) 392-7241.